SBP editorial: Time to discard Ireland’s ‘chilling’ defamation laws
It is hard to think of many laws on the Irish statute book as outmoded, antiquated and incoherent as the Defamation Act. This is a surprise when one considers the act is barely a decade old.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.