"Targeting Gerry Adams has become a sport in the Dáil"
Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael conveniently forget the dark and bloody past that preceded their entry into democratic politics
I see it’s “beat up Gerry Adams” time again. When the Southern political establishment has nothing better to do, it takes out its favourite punchbag. If this were not so cynical, it would almost be comical. Every six months or so, we have another one of these public executions. Adams has been done in so many times, has had so many of his lives snuffed out, that the neighbourhood cats must by now gaze in wonder at him.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive