Throwing away all the hard work
With the tax coffers overflowing, the government is set to repeat the same old mistakes and go on a spending splurge
Good news is hitting the government like a man in a safari suit getting slapped in the face with a massive halibut. It’s not that big of a deal unless the hapless safari-suited chap is standing at the edge of large body of water into which he can fall.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive