The threat and opportunity that Big Tech 2.0 presents
Ireland will have the chance to lead from the front in data protection regulation - and we must after boomtime failures
There are two ways to tell the story of recent weeks at Facebook. The first is a story of extraordinary success: the company has regained most of the losses that followed the Cambridge Analytica data abuse allegations, on the back of record first-quarter results, a media offensive and a bullish performance last week at their annual developer conference, F8.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive