The first editorials
Here, we reprint the first editorials published by The Sunday Business Post in its first edition on November 26, 1989
People who owe a lot of money to their bankers develop a certain proficiency in managing their debts. There are thousands of small business people who know all about how to “kite” cheques from one account to another, when cashflow begins to dry up. At the Electricity Supply Board, the burden of servicing onerous foreign and domestic loans became so great that the executives involved in managing the loan portfolio became some of the most proficient treasury specialists in Dublin.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive