The DUP’s contempt for the nationalist community has been its downfall
Their arrogance led to Sinn Féin's revitalisation and the creation of a new political landscape in the North
I wonder if this weekend, as Arlene Foster surveys the Assembly election results, will she begin to understand the extent of the mistakes she made. Has she even ended her own leadership of the DUP? Her behaviour has been characterised as arrogance, but it was more than that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive