The Citizens’ Assembly is the FG-led government elaborately buying time
Regretfully, I consider the Citizens’ Assembly to be a phoney piece of window-dressing
The Citizens’ Assembly that the government has decided to convene is, in my view, a ridiculous idea. That is why I spoke and voted against it in the Seanad.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive