Thanks for the memories, Jimmy
Jimmy Magee had a gift for encapsulating the moment in a phrase, and a phenomenal memory for all things related to sport
It is not without its drama. The floor manager begins the countdown: “Ten, nine, eight . . . . Quiet in studio . . . five, four . . .” The opening animation rolls, the red light flares and suddenly we are all pitched into a live broadcasting moment. Sometimes, there are millions across the world watching in homes and clubs and pubs. Other times it’s only the very dedicated.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive