TDs’ thirst for publicity robs the PAC report of its impact
Change is needed in how chairs of committees are appointed, and members selected
The Public Accounts Committee published a report last week into the Garda scandal at Templemore. But who cares? The PAC report has the same credibility as a giraffe standing on the Cliffs of Moher about to make a career change as a golden eagle in flight.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive