The Tallaght demolition derby laid bare a fractured Ireland
What happened on a snowy night in Dublin 24 may tell us much about where Irish society is currently headed
Smartphones have utterly radicalised the concept of the citizen journalist; long before conventional television news can get to the scene, pictures and videos of events are already out there on social media. Nine days ago, a series of videos and pictures taken by people on the scene gave a compelling and unforgettable impression of events in Tallaght. Take a look online at a vision of an Ireland far from the leafy suburbs. Behold the ruined Lidl.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive