Strange bedfellows as the SDLP and UUP snuggle up
Can an unlikely mixed marriage of two battered parties revitalise the North’s tired old politics?
It was supposed to be an unremarkable Ulster Unionist Party conference. But but then politics in the North has always been iconoclastic and unpredictable, to put it mildly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.