Stephen Kinsella on teachers’ pay
Teachers’ conferences are largely about pay, not meaningful reform
It’s that time of year again. Teacher conference season is upon us, when the airwaves ring with the sound of sabre-rattling by unions, whose members are some of the best paid public sector workers in Ireland, whose members are some of the best paid teachers in Europe, and whose threats to shut down our schools were reported breathlessly once again by the media.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive