State of Grace: we all need to get angry and stay angry
€10 million hasn’t bought accountability over Grace, and no one has been prosecuted
A €6.3 million settlement package for Grace was approved by the High Court last week. This is the financial compensation the taxpayer will fork out because the HSE left a profoundly intellectually disabled girl in the care of a foster family, where she was allegedly raped with implements.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.