Building a social ghetto at Thornton Hall is the last thing we need
We spent €60 million on acquiring Thornton Hall for a new, modern prison. Now, in the midst of a continuing prison crisis, calls for the site to be used for public housing are shocking to hear
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.