To solve the health crisis, forget the witch hunts and follow the money
The Waterford mortuary saga shows the chronic shortage of capital funding for the health service
Over the last week, a row has escalated over the condition and suitability of the mortuary at University Hospital Waterford. Headlines initially focused on the graphic language used by four pathology consultants in their internal correspondence; they described bodies decomposing in the unrefrigerated corridors of the mortuary for want of sufficient suitable facilities.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.