There was no Green wave and Green-babble will not dictate the next election. Prosperity, jobs and housing will be the battlegrounds
Let’s get a grip on political reality. The results of the local and European elections are really not that surprising. These elections, held every five years, tell us very little. They will change very little. The Irish vote will not affect the EU very much, if at all. The local elections will not affect the shape or the substance of local government.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.