The shortage of judges has grave implications not only for Irish litigants, but for our trust in the justice system as a whole
Is the Irish justice system in crisis? A High Court judge announced last week that there are not enough judges to hear the cases of women suing over the alleged misinterpretation of their CervicalCheck smear tests.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.