The Shannon-Dublin pipeline isn’t pie in the sky, it’s critical infrastructure
When the weather finally does break, the rainfall still won’t solve the problems besetting our creaking water supply
During the recent warm and dry weather spell, I learned a thing or two about water. The first thing is that water doesn’t just fall from the sky. In fact, it didn’t fall from anywhere in recent months. As a result, our water supply has been described as being on a “knife-edge” and Irish Water has warned if there is not significant rainfall in the autumn, there will be “a nightmare scenario later this year”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.