Shane Ross has not made a new appointment to a state board since he became a minister
Get your popcorn ready for the Taming of the Populist when the new Dáil season begins
Enda Kenny’s legacy as Taoiseach of a minority government may well be the domestication of Shane Ross. The lurid description of Kenny by Ross as a political corpse did not go unpunished. There is a reason why the independent TD was appointed to be Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.