SF must take their seats in Westminster
The party has an opportunity now to play a key role in shaping Ireland’s future
Northern Ireland has always meant a great deal to me. After all, I have my roots there. My grandfather John Quinn was born in 1865 in Atticall, Co Down, which is a small village in the middle of the Mourne Mountains. It troubles me that the impasse in the North has been allowed to continue for far too long. There are a few key reasons, but to my mind the main one seems to be the intransigence of the DUP and Sinn Féin. Of course, this has been exacerbated by Britain’s focus on Brexit negotiations which have not been going well, and which look set to end in tears.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.