Separate truth from hype on asylum seeker rights
The state is moving swiftly to comply with EU best practice on how best to respond to the refugee crisis
There has been a great deal of media coverage on labour market access for applicants for international protection (asylum seekers) in recent months. This follows the decision of the Supreme Court on February 9 to strike down the law prohibiting labour market access, having signalled its intention to do so in November.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive