Santa Claus may be red, but he’s no socialist
My children are sceptical about religious faith - all the more so because they go to a Catholic school, and so have learned to critique their classmates’ beliefs, and stand up for their own. And yet they live in a faith world which is, if anything, overpopulated: by the Easter Bunny, by fairies that live behind fairy doors (when they’re not collecting teeth), by elves that leave their shelves at night, and - towering over them all - by Santa Claus.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive