RTÉ needs a new funding model
In the era of ‘fake news’, properly resourced public service broadcasting is crucial for the survival of democracy
If you are planning an escape to your holiday cottage in the west of Ireland, make sure to get a second television licence. According to the radio ad dreamed up for the Department of Communications, there will be serious retribution if you are caught watching the World Cup on your little portable TV without a licence. Producing a licence for your normal residence will not save you, nor will argument that you only get to see Mount Brandon and Slea Head for three or four weeks a year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.