Shane Ross and his judicial bill miss the point
Other aspects of the judiciary are crying out for reform, as the government ignores a vital EU report
Saint Ebba was the Mother Superior of a monastery in Scotland in 867 AD. When word reached her that the Vikings had landed, she told her nuns to get a razor and cut off their noses in the hope that disfigurement would protect their chastity. The Vikings were so disgusted by this act of self-mutilation; they burnt the monastery to the ground with the nuns inside.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.