Ronan Lyons: Absence of bubble doesn't mean market is healthy
Despite population growth of almost 5 per cent in just five years, housing stock has barely budged
There are six key forces that have driven Irish house prices over the last 40 years. We can set to one side the least interesting of the six, the general price level – if the price of everyday items has trebled since the 1980s, then you would expect the price of housing to do the same.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive