SBP editorial: Robinson and the UAE
The United Nations has painted a grim and harrowing picture of the current human rights situation in the oil-rich United Arab Emirates. It has raised concerns over the torture of prisoners, the exploitation of foreign workers and discrimination against women in the Gulf state. In addition, the UAE has played a role in the Saudi-led coalition which has conducted an unlawful bombing campaign against Yemen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive