Reverse Brexit? Fat chance
British voters have little hope of reconsidering their vote on the issue
The crisis in Westminster is, in its entirety, the result of David Cameron’s folly in committing to hold a referendum on EU membership in 2016,so as to see off the Ukip challenge to the Tory right flank. That particular strategy was adopted by Cameron because of its crude “first past the post” system which still remains as a fossilised part of Britain’s constitutional order.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.