Restaurants and no-shows have become a bread and butter issue
Failing to turn up for a restaurant reservation should not be consequence-free
All of us have occasionally failed to show up for a restaurant reservation. If, for whatever reason, we forget to ring to cancel, most of us will have a guilty feeling. However, the question as to whether we should also suffer a financial penalty in such circumstances has led to one of the more unlikely business showdowns of the summer.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.