Resignation of Naughten injects new dynamic
The government is more vulnerable than ever, but there are obstacles in the way of an early election
Dull and boring are the qualities in a budget most sought after by a government. For government politicians dull and boring translates as safe. No surprises, no white-knuckle ride for the chief whip and no banana skins.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive