Report on policing offers minister historic opportunity
If implemented, recommendations made by the Commission on Policing could transform the Gardaí
Charlie Flanagan’s commitment to have the implementation group in place within three months to progress the recommendations of the Commission on the Future of Policing in Ireland is welcome. However, the justice minister will need to take care concerning the calibre and provenance of the persons selected to drive the implementation. Otherwise the process is likely to be so delayed that the next controversy will derail the entire enterprise and a new government will start all over again.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.