Repeal side urgently needs to make its case
A well-organised pro-life campaign is so far eclipsing a variety of repeal groups that lack coherence and unity
Repealing the Eighth Amendment has, according to the latest polling, strong public support as well as the backing of the majority of government ministers and opposition party leaders. But the proposition risks defeat as a result of a campaign that is so far failing to effectively counter the arguments for retaining it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive