Redress fatigue leads to masterclass in spin
Government media management effectively killed the Mother and Baby Homes Commission's report
Last week, we hit redress fatigue. Not merely have we had to pay €1.25 billion in redress for abuse in the industrial schools (as calculated recently by the Comptroller and Auditor General), but the prospect of a further billion-euro bill was suddenly on the table.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive