Red C poll: Fine Gael contemplates a November poll, Labour wants it later
While both parties will be heartened by today’s Red C figures, they would be wise not to get carried away
Today’s poll will add to the pressure for an early election, as Fine Gael senses that the growing economy will give it the momentum to go to the country after the budget in mid-October. That would mean a mid-November election.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.