Recognition of ethnicity is not an end in itself
They may have been recognised as a separate ethnic group, but Travellers still face the same old challenges
I disagree with what Peter Casey has said about members of the Travelling community, except when he said that they are as Irish as you and me. It is striking how the limelight has continued to focus on the voluble Casey but has largely veered away from the Travelling community, as if we are afraid or ashamed of what we may discover.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.