Recasting the family to suit Labour’s agenda
Enda Kenny says the referendum on same-sex marriage has nothing to do with children – how extraordinary.
All week, as the Children and Family Relationships Bill was discussed in the media, I found myself thinking of my late friend Peter. We met 25 years ago when we were both working in television in Britain. When he discovered I was from Ireland, he made a beeline for me. It turned out that while he was born in Britain, both of his parents were Irish. But there his problems began.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.