Who really owns Britain?
Foreign ownership in the British corporate sector means the sector will remain dependent on overseas funding post-Brexit
In explaining why he voted for Brexit, the actor Michael Caine recently resorted to striking language. “I’d rather be a poor master than a rich servant,” he said. “It wasn’t about the racism, immigrants or anything, it was about freedom.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive