Real reconciliation with the orange in our tricolour must mean more than just indifference
Regarding the legacy of Martin McGuinness, the old Latin maxim ‘De mortuis, nil nisi bonum’ is wise counsel for the present
When I wrote here last week about the spirit of the ‘Chuckle Brothers’ being needed for a resolution of the impasse that has left Northern Ireland without a government and without a functioning assembly, I was not conscious that Martin McGuinness was about to join Ian Paisley in eternity, although I knew he was very unwell.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive