Stephen Kinsella: I would let Bus Éireann go
It's pretty clear that Bus Éireann is an expensive intervention the state no longer needs
Should we intervene? This is the fundamental public policy question. It spawns a set of follow-on questions. Why should we intervene? How should we intervene? For how long would we intervene? How much will it cost the taxpayer to intervene?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive