It’s rarely a good sign for the defence if snores are heard
Every legal system occasionally lapses into dormancy, but there is judicial sympathy towards somnolence
US president Ronald Reagan once reassured Americans that “I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I’m in a cabinet meeting.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive