Our problems show the government is driving blind
Last year, this newspaper’s columnist Stephen Kinsella branded the housing statistics as ‘fake news’. He was not alone. Other academics and analysts had also questioned the reliability of basing the housing figures on the number of new connections to the ESB network.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.