SBP editorial: Press must be allowed to continue asking the hard questions
On November 5, The Sunday Business Post published a 12-month investigation into the sale of Siteserv to the billionaire businessman Denis O’Brien, revealing startling new information about how the controversial deal was executed. The report was 12,500-words, and was spread over five broadsheet pages. Drawing on new documents, emails and other information, The Sunday Business Post’s Deputy Editor Tom Lyons forensically explained how O’Brien emerged as the new owner of the support services group best known for installing water meters. The documents revealed who knew what and when about the deal, which has been discussed extensively in the media and the Dáil since 2012.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive