A Premier product, but devoid of values
Roll up, roll up for the 26th season of the increasingly ludicrous English Premier League
Am I the only sports fanatic in the country totally indifferent to the beginning of the much-heralded 26th instalment of the English Premier League? Is there something wrong with me? I am a dedicated follower of all sports, but I am now weary of the Premier League’s never-ending drip-drip of spectacular riches, gossip, scandal, tap ups, transfers, manager sackings, mediocrity on the pitch and untrammelled arrogance off it. Celebrity now seems to define this competition and has overwhelmed all else.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive