Praying for a Bobby Ewing moment
Is the possible make-up of the next Dáil just a bad dream?
It is Easter Sunday 2016 and Taoiseach Enda Kenny takes the salute at the GPO. By any standards, it is a historic occasion. Kenny has presided over a government elected in the most tumultuous economic times in the state’s history. That government has survived its full term and has succeeded in pulling the country back from the brink. And yet the normally upbeat Taoiseach was in sombre mood.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive