A positively ghastly development at work
Pushing staff to be ‘happy’ at work through contrived activities could backfire badly
Petting zoos. Laughter yoga. Lunchtime mindfulness sessions. A concierge for travel booking. Ice cream baristas. And on-site bars for after-hours use. These are just some of the perks on offer in companies today as they endeavour to make work a positive experience for their staff.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive