Positive economic prospects for farming
Farmers often accentuate the negative, but the outlook for Irish agriculture is not all bleak
Thirty or more years since the mysterious ‘disappearance’ of Bob-Tails, my sister has still not been able to bring herself to eat lamb. Bob-Tails was our pet lamb who lived for a time on an old blanket in the bottom half of the aga oven in our kitchen. A triplet, it was too weak to live with its mother, so my sister fed Bob-Tails milk every morning from a red lemonade bottle before she went to school. It is rumoured the last sighting of Bob-Tails was in the back of a trailer on the road to the local meat factory.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive