Political reform: Playing by the numbers
The truth is that reform has not changed how Ireland really works
The word reform is a misleading concept. The definition of the verb is to make changes in something, especially an institution or practice, in order to improve it. In Ireland, reform is understood in a numerical sense. A concept which seeks to reduce. The much heralded “democratic revolution” is about numbers, not power.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive