Political man cannot live on law alone
The public want TDs to kick up about local problems – to ignore this is the kiss of death for a career politician
A member of Dáil Éireann is rebuked by a judge for a “puzzling” representation to the court concerning the length of remand in a serious criminal case. A member of Dáil Éireann who is also a member of the executive rebukes the judiciary for resisting reform. Two court judgments essentially in respect of claims of abuse of Dáil privilege are imminent. All in a week of intense interaction between these pillar institutions of the state.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.