Political inertia prevents the state from building an efficient health service
The HSE is on a merry-go-round of budgetary despair, and only politicians can stop it
With the annual budget for new drugs already exhausted before the end of February, and parents of children with rare diseases taking to the streets, we don’t have to look far to conclude that the health service planning process is in trouble.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive