Playing catch-up on public sector pay
To achieve a sustainable successor to Lansdowne Road will be challenging
So Asti is still outside the tent. The decision of its members, in line with the recommendation of its leadership to reject the government’s pay offer, is another headache for both government and teachers. Since the Labour Court decision on the Garda dispute, the government has been playing catch-up on public service pay.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive