Pat Rabbitte: Pipe leaks and pay gaps draw silly season responses
'Two state corporations are not to blame for the latest controversies'
The supposed bad behaviour of two big state corporations has kicked off the silly season in some style. One company, Irish Water, is claimed to have deprived the people of Drogheda and its environs of water. The other, RTE, is suspected of having deprived some of its female employees of fair remuneration having regard to the earnings of male colleagues. Against this kind of competition it is hard to see climate change getting a look in. And to think that last summer we had to make do with “the rumble in Rio” when Shane Ross met Pat Hickey.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.